At Merrow Knits, we are not just a brand; we are a proud division of the larger, illustrious Merrow family, deeply rooted in the historic city of Fall River, MA. Our ethos is built on the power of soft goods – a commitment to imagining, designing, and crafting each product with an unwavering guarantee of quality in every thread.
Crafting Excellence in Fall River, MA
Every product at Merrow Knits is a testament to our dedication to quality and craftsmanship. Designed and built in Fall River, MA, our products embody the spirit of American manufacturing. Led by Owen and Charlie Merrow, the 8th generation custodians of this storied legacy, the Merrow Group Companies stand as a beacon of family tradition, skillfully merged with modern manufacturing techniques.
A Campus of Innovation
Our expansive six-acre campus in downtown Fall River is more than just a production site. It's a hub of innovation encompassing Manufacturing, Brands, Medical, and Wholesale parts & equipment divisions. This space is a living symbol of our expansive operations and our commitment to the textile industry.
A Journey of Recognition
Merrow's journey has been marked by accolades and recognition. Honored as the manufacturer of the year in Massachusetts for 2017 and 2018, our shelf also boasts the 2018 MassINC Gateway City Innovation Award, the 2017 Constellation Supernova award for tech innovation, and the 2019 Cornerstone Entrepreneur Award from Bristol Community College. Our growth has been rapid and recognized by industry titans such as Forbes and the WSJ, as well as for our contributions to the medical supply chain by the states of MA and RI.
The Merrow Company: A Rich History
The Merrow Company's history is as rich and varied as the textile industry itself. Founded in 1843, originally involved in gunpowder manufacturing, it transitioned to become a pioneer in the textile industry. From developing innovative crochet sewing machines in 1877 to becoming a leader in industrial overlock sewing machines, Merrow has been at the forefront of textile technology.
- 1887: Incorporation of The Merrow Machine Company.
- 1900s: Becoming an industry standard with innovative technology.
- 1980s: The term "merrowed" edge becomes synonymous with quality sewing.
- 2000s: Launching specialized machines for diverse applications.
Embracing the Digital Age
In 2006, Merrow introduced 'microsites', a significant digital advancement for product branding in industrial manufacturing, and adopted the trademark 'The Stitch Matters', highlighting the quality of our machines.
A Legacy of Innovation and Expansion
- 2009: Merrow showcased its entrepreneurial spirit by launching 14 start-ups across various fields.
- 2010: Introduction of the groundbreaking ActiveSeam technology.
- 2014: Establishment of the Stitch Lab, emphasizing customer satisfaction.
- 2018: Acquisition of Griffin Manufacturing, expanding our portfolio.
- 2020: Becoming the largest manufacturer of reusable medical gowns in the U.S.
- 2021: Acquisition of Superior Sewing, broadening our reach.
- 2022: Adding Fall River Knitting Mills to our family.
- 2023: Introduction of net-zero sustainable medical technical apparel and a new division focused on Direct to Consumer brands.
Merrow's nearly two-century-long operation is a story of innovation, resilience, and an unwavering commitment to quality. Our legacy is not just in our products but in our ability to adapt, innovate, and lead in the ever-evolving world of textiles.
Discover the Merrow difference at Merrow Manufacturing and Merrow, and experience the legacy of a brand that has shaped the textile industry.